Saturday 29 December 2007

Spooked

Last thing last night I sat down for an hour at 50p table "Sandown". It was all pretty normal until suddenly things started to go weird. I flopped a straight draw (89TJ), bet, and two guys called. I made the straight on 4th street, checked, the two guys went all-in and I won a £116 pot. In the chat box someone comments "thunderous applause" and I thank them, only for another two guys to send the same comment. These guys had been quite normal for almost an hour, and now they suddenly get the macro bug, posting various other cut-and-paste comments over the next few minutes. Odd, but what spooked me was the way my cards suddenly started coming out...

Next hand, I raise with 99, and the callers all fold when I bet again on an AJ4 flop. The hand after that, I have Q9 and the flop comes KJT! And the very next hand, I get JT again and I hit the straight on 4th street.

What with getting three almost identical winning straights in four hands, and the weird insta-messaging of the other players, by now I was convinced I was actually sitting at some kind of bot table, designed to make me feel good...

Next hand? AQ. I quit after that.

No comments: