Thursday 28 February 2008

28th



Guests on the Open tonight were poker insiders Paul Cheung and Nick van der Weyer.




The final tablists were Shanemus, Chip 10-10, Parks, Flying High, Clinically and Gemma Mac. The game lasted longer than usual, and it was only at 11.45 that Flying High was crowned champion, winning £1287.

I came 28th on the 28th. I started card-lucky, winning 4 of the first 7 hands, but was whittled away to 1700 chips before QQ helped me triple up. Just before the break I had my first lucky break. I pushed with KQ and ran into AA (T9 came along for the ride) but a ten-high straight came on the board. After the break, my tens held up against fives but I was made to sweat: a five came on the flop and a ten on the river! Another lucky break - my AQ hitting an ace on the river - left me with 56,000 chips but then I blanked 14 hands in a row and was out. Chip 10-10 was sitting on my table, and while I was sitting on my hands he was busy stealing the blinds.

No comments: