Thursday 14 February 2008

Five minutes

Last week went well - five good cash table profits in a row, but this week has been all in the negative till just now. It was a new £1 table; I was in for £77, another guy for £100, one for £50, plus three low-rollers. My first hand I get dealt pocket tens and raise to £5 on the BB. Low-rollers call. Low flop, I bet £20 and they're all-in. Turn and river are ace and jack but I still take the pot, so what on earth did those guys have?

Couple of hands later I have K9s and I try bluffing the £50 guy out of the pot. Doesn't work; costs me £17. Interesting psychology here. Very next hand I have AJ and I limp. J-high flop, I limp again. Next card gives a straight possibilities (57J8), I bet, he raises, I go all-in, he dwells up (good sign) and calls. River is a third club, but again, whatever he had, I won the pot. Stack up to £160 in five minutes flat and I've single-handedly emptied the table! Good for the ego...

Speaking of which, I stayed up last night to watch the Poker Den show on 5. In case you don't know, it's highlights from an all-star 24-hour non-stop £50 cash game. The main reason I watch is Tony G. I love the guy. In the first few hours he managed to turn £10,000 into £100,000...

No comments: