Saturday 2 February 2008

Have you been Rokached?

Last night's £30,000 Primo event attracted Lucy Rokach to the celebrity pew, and it was quite funny to discover how single-minded she is. Her mantra is "Get chips! Stick your chips in! Get chips!"

I remember Lucy from Late Night Poker--she came third in the sixth series--but I don't remember her being quite so gung-ho. To be fair, that was a real table, so that's a different game from playing tourneys online.

LNP was what turned me on to poker. I got back from Hungary in 2002 just in time to catch the last couple of series, and then watched the reruns and then along came the WPT... One of the guys at Presentable once told me that LNP wouldn't be coming back, but the new series has just started!

65th tonight in the Open. Grinding most of the time, got some great luck (rivering a straight, rivering top pair, backdooring a flush) before the luck turned... LuvAndy, who'd finally got some chips by playing really tight, raised me with 23. I had K8, so fancied my chances till the 3 on the river!



It's now 12 days that I've survived with almost zero in my SP account. In that time I've finished six times in the money in the Open. After tonight's cash my balance is £22.74! How much longer can I hold out before I have to go and get my credit card??

No comments: