Wednesday 30 January 2008

Poker prohibition

Reached the break in 14th, went downstairs for a beer and then thought better of it. Why damage my chances of doing well? Coffee for me, then. Beer later, to celebrate (or drown my tears).

Good grinder sitting next to me: Dazzler. Got very short-stacked but didn't panic, and has now doubled up a couple of times and is in the money.

Had to apologise to a guy about an hour ago. We were both all-in with AJ and I rivered a flush. Not nice, especially when I didn't need the luck.

More recently, Jacklad blew up in a way that I recognise: chip leader on the table, but losing a lot of chips because of a loose call, he called off the rest of his chips very soon after.

Speaking of which, I've just gone out in 42nd. I didn't exactly blow up, but I did go all-in with 66, a guy called with A9, hit, damaged my stack and it didn't take long for the rest of it to get eroded away.

I've had an email from The Club asking me whether I'd like to ask a question on the show. A topic I thought of is when to call when someone's put you all-in, especially when playing cash tables.

Now it must be beer time...

No comments: