Monday 28 January 2008

What's worse in poker

... than being beaten by a dominated hand? Tonight in the Bounty Hunter, for example, I'm all-in with KJ against K8 and... I'm all out. Technically that's known as variance, but I prefer the term F*******K OFF! (Nothing personal.)

I'm been suffering from a bad bout of variance the last couple of days, but to be philosophical about it, it's better to be beaten playing well than playing badly.

At least I'm still in the freeroll. My luck was better there. Fourway all-in with 44, the flop is all paint, but then... Broadway on the board! That top prize of £81 could still be mine...

Suggestion for Sky Poker: can we have higher-value freerolls? The highest freeroll buy-in is 200 player points, with a £1000 pot. How about a 500-point buy-in tourney? At the mo I've got over 3000 points burning a hole in me leotard.

(Spoke too soon: out in 14th (£2.55 and no t-shirt!) in the freeroll. I'm all-in with QQ, DangerMog has 99, which transmogrifies into 9999. Bleh.)


Update 2: Congratulations to John Ryan for winning tonight's £1750 gtd Velocity tournament. Thus he joins the elite club of studio guests who've won one of the live tournaments.

No comments: