Saturday 5 January 2008

Idiot savant

Last night I played for a couple of hours at Tony G's site. I put down $200 at a 10-handed table. The usual pattern ensued: lost half my chips, then eventually got up to $220. Very tired, I should've got out, but instead I somehow managed to lose the whole lot...

(I've been a big fan of Tony's ever since I saw him in the Paris WPT event on TV a couple of years ago. He still plays in some of the tourneys on his site, but not as often as he used to.)

Tonight at Sky Poker was almost a perfect night. I came 16th in The Open, then I made a profit on three cash tables, and then... Mr Stupid strikes again. I'm in profit on another table, but call all-in with a low flush. Actually I had a flush and a straight, and my hand looked so pretty I couldn't bring myself to fold it, even though if I had done I'd now be £50 richer.

So, I really am a quite-good player. I know before I throw all my chips away that that's what I'm doing. I just need to stop myself doing it!

No comments: